Here is the food distribution schedule for October:
• Friday, October 2nd – Community Action Main Street Store. 131 S. Main Street, Albion
• Friday, October 9th – no delivery this week
• Friday, October 16th – NEW LOCATION at Clarendon Fire Hall, behind the Fire Hall at 16169 E. Lee Road (Route 31A). No lines before 8 a.m., line up to the east on 31A-north side of 31, if needed, north on Hulberton Road.
• Friday, October 23rd – Ridgeway Fire Department, 11392 Ridge Road, Medina – no lines before 8 a.m. The entrance will be on Horan Road and the line will be facing north towards Ridge Road. Exit will be on to Ridge Road.
• Friday, October 30th – Community Action Main Street Store, 131 S. Main Street, Albion.
All events have a tentative start time of 9 a.m. They may start earlier depending on when the truck arrives and volunteers are ready. No event will start prior to 8 a.m. People are urged to stay to the side of the road while waiting and do not block driveways.
Instead of the three boxes boxes, it will be one combination box. The box will be approximately 30-40 pounds and contain 10-12 lbs. of produce, 5-6 lbs. of dairy, 5-6 lbs. of meat and a gallon of milk. Foodlink may also have some extra fruits and vegetables.
Another change will be that the food will all be delivered by Foodlink instead of another distributor. Sometimes that other delivery truck has been delayed, leaving a long line of vehicles backed up at the distribution sites.