Thai Zucchini Salad
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tblsp brown suger or low cal sub
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- a few sprinkles of ginger, to taste
- 4 cloves of smashed garlic
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1/2 tsp salt
- a handful of cherry tomatoes (optional)
- 4 scallions or green onions
- cilantro (optional and to taste)
- small hot peppers (calabrian, thai, cayenne)
- toasted peanuts for garnish
Whisk garlic, fish sauce, ginger, and lime juice to make dressing and set aside.
Use a spiralizer on the zucchini or cut or grate into fine shreds. Put into a colander and sprinkle with salt. Set aside to drain for 10 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients into a salad bowl. After 10 minutes squeeze out all of the excess moisture out of the zucchini and separate the stands. Add to the salad bowl along with the dressing. Toss and serve, garnished with peanuts.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!